Five Friday Favorites
I've decided I'm going to start a weekly (hopefully) post about five of my favorite things that I'm hooked on at the time. I know a lot of bloggers and photographers do this, but I think its a great way to get exposure to new things (books, music, make-up etc.) Without further ado, my five favorite things this Friday!
1. My new tulle skirt! I had dreams of making one myself, but I had an honest discussion with myself and knew how it would end up. I would have tears streaking down my cheek, surrounded by tulle, pins and ribbon. Not a happy picture. So, I decided to buy one myself (amazon) and I'm so glad I did! I'm hoping this weekend to get some pictures of me wearing it!
2. Floral wreaths. Another impulse craftivity! I went to the craft store and got some fake flowers and some floral wire and went to town! I had zero idea what I was doing, but excited to see how it would turn out. LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I want to wear a small wreath of baby's breath in my hair when I get married. I love the whimsy feel of them.
3. Peonies from my mom's garden. I stopped home today to visit with family (which is so much easier now that we've moved). She told me to take some peonies. No need to ask me twice! They have found themselves a home on our mantel.
4. Fearless by Max Lucado. I am a worrier by nature. I come by it honestly. I am so like my mother (the older I get, the more I realize how much like her I am). I worry, I stress, I have anxiety. Max Lucado's book offers some very calming and reassuring words. I am so thankful to have stumbled upon this book. Right now I have borrowed it from the library but plan on purchasing it soon.
5. Gossip Girl. Okay Okay. I know this show is SO young for my 24 year old self to watch (and it was over a good couple of years ago) but I LOVE IT. I have been bulk watching episodes. I'm embarrassed with the amount that I watch and how fast I go through seasons. If you ever want something to watch that is soooo different from your life, than Gossip Girl is it. I mean NYC, princesses, YSL, Upper East Side, heck the Upper West Side...its fun to drop into their lives. I have 2 seasons left. I wonder how long that will take me to get through.